Academy of Model Aeronautics

District VII Members Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kalamazoo TDM Make up date today
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:47 pm 

Everyone,
The group in Kalamazoo held their make up date for the TDM that we missed in September due to weather. I had some concern about wind and the rain I drove through on the way there did not make things much better but when I arrived it was overcast, dry and calm. The Kzoo crew ran a well organized contest consisting of Fun Stunt, Slalom, 15 Speed, 1/2a Speed and Sportsman Carrier for about 10 pilots, including 1 senior pilot. Started flying around 9, finished around 3:30 with some lunch, donuts and coffee provided. It was good to see familiar faces and meet some new people from Battle Creek with some really nice looking airplanes. The only damage I saw was a wingtip clip on the slolam pole that took out the OB wing and an inverted touch and slide after a slolam flight. I managed to whip my 1/2a airplane into my flight box on my first attempt trying to get back over the starting line but was still a lap short. No damage so I was able to get in flight #2. Fuel economy was not my friend today.

Good times. Love those local lower key contests.

John

Profile E-mail