Academy of Model Aeronautics

District VII Members Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November Flights
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:16 pm 

Everyone,
Mild weather continues in Michigan albeit a little damp. Managed flights on both the 5th and 6th of November. The 5th was alone with the eBanshee out in my squishy back yard. Was nice to get back out there and fly a bit. I wanted to be sure that I had everything set up as we were going to do some battery analysis on Steve Hines' batteries on the 6th. Everything was in working order so I charged up a few extra batteries, loaded the eBanshee and my ARF Legacy with the Enya 61 and headed over to Cedar Springs. Fog the whole way there, but we made it in one piece. Good time flying with Steve, Kevin, Pat and Rich over there. Interesting roll issue with the Legacy, rolling out with up input and rolling in a bit with down input. Will try taping the flaps to see if I can improve the issue. Counterintuitive as the largest gap was on the inboard side. Flap horn is fairly stiff as well. This is the part of the flying experience that I like-trouble shooting.

Got to fly Steve's eRingmaster. The suggested motor from Brodak really made a big improvement over what Steve had originally installed (a 2816 vs 2820 equivalent). A little fast, but the Ringmaster likes that in any case. Rich let me play with his sport carrier plane as well. Loads of fun there. Will need to get building on my for next year (along with many other projects).

John

Profile E-mail