Academy of Model Aeronautics

District VII Members Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: August 2017 Flight
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:41 pm 

Everyone,
I am a bit late in my post for this month. Starting flying on 1 Aug 17 with things going a little slow until last week as I practiced for the Southern Ontario Control Line Championships. The ePO has been working out well and I have been flying it a bit. My Barnstormer has undergone another change by replacing the APC 10x5 with an APC 10x4. Much better in the speed department while maintaining an excellent run. Not sure if I mentioned before or not, but there was a big change when I went to a less restrictive muffler and the APC for the flywheel effect. I even made some changes to my SV which I have been flying unchanged for a number of years based on some of the things I learned while flying the ePO. Basically I reduced the tip weight by 1/4 ounce and slid the leadouts back just a hair. Reduced the wing wiggle significantly and made it fly more like it was on "rails". Never stop trimming.

As a side note, the SOCC remains one of my favorite events. Brad LaPointe is an excellent host and the people are great. Got my first nights under a tent out there this year and really enjoyed myself, much like every year I go over there. Great people, great food, great flying all in a great area. This year was the first time I was able to get across the bridge from Sarnia without any delay at the border. Took about 30 minutes off the trip back home as a result. Poutine from the chip wagon is always a treat as well. Highly recommended.

John

Profile E-mail